Thursday, April 28, 2011

TORNADOES!!!!

Oh My Goodness!!!!  It is about to storm here in Savannah.  Tonight has been a bad weather day for all of us in the South.  There have been a bunch of tornadoes popping up all the way from Mississippi to Georgia and it is supposed to go all the way up the East Coast.  I am not a newbie when it comes to bad storms.  My mom, grandmother, sister, and I huddled in my grandma's house when I was a kid during Hurricane Andrew (one of the worst hurricanes in decades to hit the East Coast until Katrina).  I was seriously traumatized from that incident.  I have also been through other hurricanes, as well as tornadoes.  I had to seriously hit the ditch one time when I was on the road to a music festival.  We also have a house right outside of Fort Benning, GA and we would always get bad storms there.  My husband was such a great guy.  If he was working, he would call me and warn me about an approaching storm (cause I don't watch the news).  A few times he has had to calm me down when some of the storms got really bad.  Well he is not here tonight :(  He is training right now.  So it is only me, Kaya (my daughter), and our three animals.  I guess we will be huddling in my shower tonight.....and I will post pictures of my animals to show you why I am not looking forward to sharing that small space with them.  My dog, George, is a Presa Canario and about 140 pounds.  My cats are HUGE too.  And my one cat, Luna, hates anything besides humans.   My other cat, Marley, and George are best friends though and like to sleep together.  It is actually really adorable. Ugh, alright, I am going to get all my "storm supplies" together.  Hopefully I have batteries for my flash light in case we lose power....I know I have like 1,000 matches so if worse comes to worse and we lose power, I can burn some candles! 

George

George

Marley 

Luna in the bucket we were bathing our daughter in.  He likes to claim anything that is hers as his stuff! 

George "protecting" Kaya during the first week she was home.  She had jaundice really bad so she had to be on a light machine.  

2 comments:

  1. My Bun Bun is all black too like Marley. He's really naughty though and likes to hunt birdies in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankfully my cats are indoors, but that doesn't stop them from stalking the birds and squirrels at the windows =]

    ReplyDelete